Friday, May 1, 2009

Hmm, a blog eh?

Yup.

Why? Because I see lots of other people with them and think "I can do that." Must be the guitar player in me.

Also so I can collect my game related thoughts and hopefully get some input to help make my games better.

Games I play?

Right now I'm GMing a Fantasy Hero game, using the Hero System, with my wife, step-son, and friend Mike. Hero is really the only game I have any interest in playing since I discovered it about 15 years or so ago, and that was thanks to Mike. Actually I was introduced to it a loooong time ago, probably 6th grade, by another kid I went to school with at the time. I had discovered the world of role playing games through Marvel Super Heroes, and this classmate and I started talking games. He tried to get me to play Champions, but my 12 or 13 year old brain thought it was too complicated. Ironic, since now it's the only game I really care for.

I'm not really doing anything with the miniature wargame thing right now, so I'll go over that in another post.

Why am I GMing?

Because somebody has to start the damn game!
I've been playing with a few mini games for a few years now, probably 4 or 5, but I've been wanting to get back into some RP action for quite a while. I don't know anyone around that actively plays Hero, so I finally said heck with it, I'll get a game together my damn self!

My wife and step-son and I have fiddled with some Hero stuff, but not a lot. What little we did was their first RP experience. They were up for a real game though. I called Mike, who hadn't gamed in several years now, and he was up for it. So Yay!! a regular game. Tuesday nights at my house.

I'm a very green GM, still working on ideas and adapting on the fly. But my 13 year old step-son comes up with some very off-the-wall things to do that help me to go in different directions pretty easily a lot of times. And sometimes to get to say "Heh, heh. You walked right into that one!"

The game's going well though, 3 sessions into the campaign. Everybody's having fun. Details in a bit.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know anyone around that actively plays Hero, so I finally said heck with it, I'll get a game together my damn self!That's how it gets done! Good on you for getting a game together, and good luck running it. Hope it continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope it keeps going well too. As long as my imagination holds up :)

    ReplyDelete